GIDDINGS POLICE DEPARTMENT
There is a $20 registration fee, paid to the City.
It is valid as long as you own the equipment.
Please make sure your equipment meets the above standards BEFORE you register.
Click here to download the registration form, or
pick one up at City Hall or at the Police Department.
An appointment is not necessary, but recommended to avoid a long wait waiting for an officer.
BY CITY ORDINANCE,
MOTORIZED CONVEYANCE (LAWN MOWER, TRACTOR) MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING MINIMUM EQUIPMENT:
- Slow-moving vehicle emblem mounted on the rear
- Yellow or orange pennant flag, measuring at least four (4) feet in height from the ground;
- Hazard lamps mounted at the same level and spaced as widely apart as practicable on the front and rear of the vehicle, which shall be lighted and visible in normal sunlight at a distance of at least 1,000 feet from the front and rear.
- At least one red lamp visible at a distance of at least 1,000 feet from the rear and mounted as far to the left of the center of the vehicle as practicable;
- At least two red reflectors visible at all distances from 100 to 600 feet from the rear when directly in front of lawful lower beams of headlamps; and
- Vehicle must be registered with the City of Giddings and a City sticker affixed in a conspicuous place on the conveyance. A Giddings Police Officer must verify the above standards are met.
- When operated at nighttime:
- If operated at a speed in excess of 20 miles per hour, a headlamp that emits a light sufficient to reveal a person or vehicle at a distance of at least 200 feet, which is aimed so that no part of the high-intensity portion of the lamp projects a beam higher than five inches below the level of the center of the lamp at a distance of 25 feet or higher than 42 inches above the ground at a distance of 75 feet ahead.
- If operated at a speed of not more than 20 miles per hour, two lighted lamps mounted on the front of the vehicle and capable of revealing a person or vehicle 100 feet ahead;[BK3]
GOLF CART AND NEIGHBORHOOD ELECTRIC VEHICLE MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING MINIMUM EQUIPMENT:
- Must be operated within Texas Transportation Code laws;
- The roadway upon which the golf cart is being operated has a posted speed limit of not more than 35 miles per hour;
- The golf cart is only operated during the daytime;
- The golf cart is not operated more than two miles from the location where the golf cart is usually parked and for transportation to or from a golf course;
- Driver must be 17 years of age or older, and obey all of the rules of the road and exercise proper safety.
- The golf cart has the following equipment:
- parking brake; and
- Vehicle must be registered with the City of Giddings and a City sticker affixed in a conspicuous place. A Giddings Police Officer must verify the above standards are met.
A go-cart, all-terrain vehicle, mini-racer, or swamp buggy is not permitted.